Strong Values | Character Counts
Becoming a Trained Leader
Parents are the lifeblood of any Cub Scout Pack. We depend on our parents to step up and help on numerous levels. Without their help, our program would be limited and our Scouts would be missing out on the fun.
It is very easy to become a Trained Leader in Boy Scouts. ALL the required training can be taken online – so you can take the courses at your own pace.
Steps Toward Leadership
- Talk to the Cubmaster or Committee Chair about your interest. Discuss which role(s) you might focus your effort.
- Request an Adult Leader Application
- Go to myscouting.org and taking the courses that apply to that area of focus. You can take any of the courses you wish at anytime, but make sure you take the required ones.
- Submit your Application with a printed copy of your “Youth Protection Training” certificate.
- Talk with the Webmaster about your new role. They might have some additional training and communication tools for you to learn.
- When you get your official BSA number you should plug it into your myscouting.org account. (This helps at the end of the year when it comes time to re-charter our Pack.)
The more parents the better the program and the more rewarding it is for everyone.